Thursday, May 26, 2011

A Moment


Have you ever had one of those moments when you realize you are exactly where you are supposed to be?  It happened to me this morning at 5:30am.  I was in the kitchen getting my lunch ready to take to work and I was standing in front of the kitchen window.  It had been raining, the air was cool and a breeze blew in through the open window bringing with it the heady scent of Lilacs.  The scent was so strong, I felt so strange and I realized this is where I was meant to be.  I took several deep breaths, I wanted the feeling to last, it was pure joy. 



I called my little house Lilac Cottage because the property is flanked on both sides by lilac bushes.  To my delight the bushes are just loaded with blooms.  I like to think the lilacs are happy I'm here and are putting on their best blooms!




I am not the only one intoxicated by the lilacs.  The bushes are a buzz with hummingbirds and bumblebees.

Another pic of my gorgeous Angelique tulips.


Irene encore.

1 comment:

Aline said...

It must be heavenly! Happiness is with you Pet. Embrass it. I agree with you that this is your home. Good things to come! Love Ali XX